The President of the Victorian Society and the LISSCA Campaign to Save Liverpool Street Station will be hosting a free public meeting at Bishopsgate Institute on Tuesday 21st November at 6pm.
The President of the Victorian Society and the LISSCA Campaign to Save Liverpool Street Station will be hosting a free public meeting at Bishopsgate Institute on Tuesday 21st November at 6pm. Hear how we can stop the partial demolition of the station and prevent a huge tower being cantilevered through and over the Grade II* hotel.
Come to the public meeting and hear from experts how:
- Liverpool Street Station would be partially demolished with a huge tower cantilevered through and over the Grade II* listed hotel
- Commuters would face 10 years of disruption
- The train sheds and concourse would be in constant gloom under the tower
- Improvements the scheme claims to pay for are already happening
- The plans would set a terrible precedent meaning no listed building is safe from having a tower built on top
- The so called ‘eco tower’ would require huge amounts of carbon emissions for its construction
- What is the justification for offices in this area?
- You can help us stop all this!
Seats for the event are First Come, First Served on the night.
VENUE: Bishopsgate Institute, 230 Bishopsgate, London EC2M 4QH Opposite Liverpool Street Station.
#See it, Say it, Save it! #SaveLiverpoolStreetStation
Liverpool Street Station coalition:
The Victorian Society, The Twentieth Century Society, Historic Buildings & Places, The Georgian Group, SAVE Britain’s Heritage, The Spitalfields Trust, Civic Voice, London Historians, The Betjeman Society, The Council for British Archaeology, London and Middlesex Archaeological Society
This event was originally published on the Victorian Society’s website.